How is Premier Rehabilitation different from other physical therapy clinics?
We have seven of the most highly trained and knowledgeable therapists in the Lansing area. We also offer many unique therapy modalities you won’t find elsewhere to help you heal as quickly as possible.
How much will physical therapy cost?
Your financial obligation will depend on a few factors. First, we will work with your insurance company to get as much of your treatment plan covered in full as we can. Then, anything not covered by your insurance will be clearly communicated by our attentive administrative staff – no question left unanswered!
Which insurance providers do you work with?
We currently work with Aetna, Auto, Blue Care Network (BCN), Blue Cross Blue Shield, BCBS – TheraMatrix, Cofinity, Humana, and McLaren Health Plan, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, Physicians Health Plan (PHP), Priority Health, United Health, TriWest, and Workers’ Compensation.
If your insurance is not listed, contact us! We can reach out to your insurance company to see if we can obtain authorization for treatment at our facility. Insurance coverage can be verified free of charge.
What does physical therapy treatment include?
Your physical therapy treatment includes a combination of manual therapy, modalities to manage pain (i.e., ice, heat, TENS), an individual exercise plan, and education on symptom management. Treatment plans will be based on individual needs, symptom irritability, and physical condition.
What is manual physical therapy?
Manual physical therapy is a skilled, hands-on approach to treatment, with the goal of improving soft tissue mobility and joint mobility, improving range of motion, decreasing pain and irritability, and decreasing inflammation in joints or soft tissues.
What happens during my first physical therapy visit?
- You should arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete paperwork required for insurance and treatment purposes.
- You will provide us with your referral, your insurance card, and a valid ID.
- You will be seen by one of our doctors of physical therapy for an initial evaluation.
- The evaluation will include discussing relevant medical history, medications, and the current condition for which you are seeking treatment.
- A hands-on evaluation will be performed to determine the involved tissues/joints, range of motion, strength, and posture, in addition to special tests to confirm a physical therapy diagnosis.
- Your therapist will then discuss a treatment plan based on their assessment and discuss the frequency/duration of therapy for your condition, education on appropriate home exercises, and treatments that will be used at each session. And most importantly, they will discuss your goals with physical therapy!